New York City Construction Accident Attorneys
Protecting the Rights of Injured Construction Workers throughout the Five Boroughs
Everyone knows construction work is a dangerous occupation, and injuries are frequent for construction workers. If you have been hurt on the job, you deserve to be compensated for the injuries and losses you have suffered. Make sure you work with an experienced attorney who can protect your rights through the process and help you obtain the compensation you are owed.
Types of Cases We Take On
At Restivo & Murphy LLP, we handle personal injury litigation for injured construction workers throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City, as well as Long Island, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. Our law firm has more than 40 years of combined experience, and we focus on providing sound counsel and aggressive litigation services for our clients to help them maximize the compensation available.
We regularly represent individuals who have been injured in:
- Faulty equipment accidents: Malfunctioning tools and poorly maintained equipment are common causes of serious construction site injuries.
- Welding accidents: Burn injuries, broken bones, injuries caused by exposure, and crush injuries are common injuries for welders.
- Electrical injuries: Electricians, plumbers, construction workers, and others are prone to serious electrical injuries and death by electrocution on construction sites.
- Roof collapses: Our lawyers have experience obtaining compensation for clients and their families involving roof collapse injuries and wrongful death claims.
- Unsafe workplace accidents: A significant percentage of workplace accidents are caused by a failure to maintain clean and safe workspaces.
- Construction vehicle accidents: Trucks, diggers, cranes, and other construction vehicles are common causes of serious injuries.
Scaffolding Law - New York Labor Law 240
One of the most difficult aspects of a construction accident claim is the complicated legal aspects involved. New York has a particularly complex legal landscape for construction accident injury cases. At Restivo & Murphy LLP, our construction accident attorneys have a wealth of experience handling cases involving New York Labor Law 240 for clients who have been injured on the job. Known as the “Scaffolding Law,” these statutes were designed to protect workers from falls and injuries from falling objects.
Call our law firm immediately if either of the following applies to your case:
- You fell from an elevated worksite, such as a ladder or scaffold, because you were not provided with the proper safety gear or the equipment malfunctioned
- You were injured by debris or equipment that fell from an elevated worksite
Unfortunately, Labor Law 240 does not provide automatic compensation for those who have been injured in the above-mentioned ways. However, when our legal team can incorporate this statute into a compensation recovery strategy, it often results in a high settlement.
Contact Restivo & Murphy LLP in Garden City
Do not wait to talk with our New York City construction accident attorneys. The sooner we get involved, the more we can do for you. We offer free initial consultations and take claims on contingency, so you will not pay any attorney fees until we win your case.
The best of the best at this firm!- Kristie M.
You guys are a great team and the best firm out there- Guirlaine J.
Thank You!- Michael B.
Highly recommend this law firm!- Phil W.
Todd and his team gave me my life back- Farah M.
$8,000,000 Fractured Pelvic & Urethral Injuries
We've recovered a settlement for a 32-year-old bicyclist who was struck by a bus causing pelvic fractures and urethral injuries which required surgery.
$7,850,000 Neck, Back & Shoulder Injuries
We've recovered a settlement for a woman who slipped and fell on snow and ice injuring her neck, back, and shoulder which required multiple surgeries.
$6,300,000 Fractured Foot & Amputation
The verdict for a 47-year-old whose left foot was run over by a bus causing numerous foot fractures and the amputation of his big toe. The offer before trial was $1,050,000.
$4,250,000 Spinal Cord & Neck Injury
We've recovered a settlement for a passenger involved in a motor vehicle accident with a tractor-trailer where the client sustained a spinal cord injury that required a neck surgery.
$4,025,000 Herniated Discs & Neck Surgery
Resolution at the conclusion of trial for a 43-year-old who suffered herniated discs requiring neck surgery when his vehicle was struck by a school bus. The offer before trial was $75,000.
$3,700,000 Spinal Injuries
We've recovered a settlement after a verdict in a liability trial for a 33-year-old construction worker who suffered spinal injuries in a work-related accident. The offer before the liability trial was $500,000.
$3,436,000 Neck Injuries
A verdict for a 46-year-old man whose neck was injured by a falling traffic sign struck by a motor vehicle. The offer before trial was $325,000.
$2,850,000 Brachial Plexus Injury
We've recovered a settlement in a motor vehicle accident case where the client sustained a brachial plexus injury with surgeries.
$2,500,000 Serious Injuries
We've recovered a settlement after a verdict on liability in a motor vehicle accident case involving two clients who were passengers in an ambulette.
$2,000,000 Neck Injuries
We've recovered a settlement for a 46-year-old woman whose prior neck condition was aggravated by a motor vehicle accident.