New York City Construction Accident Attorneys
Protecting the Rights of Injured Construction Workers throughout the Five Boroughs
Everyone knows construction work is a dangerous occupation, and injuries are frequent for construction workers. If you have been hurt on the job, you deserve to be compensated for the injuries and losses you have suffered. Make sure you work with an experienced attorney who can protect your rights through the process and help you obtain the compensation you are owed.
What Are the Most Common Construction Accident Injuries in New York?
Construction accidents are all too common in New York City, and the injuries that result can be devastating. From falls to electrocutions, construction workers may suffer serious injuries due to negligence or unsafe working conditions. Fortunately, construction accident attorneys are available to help victims of these accidents seek compensation for their losses. Here are some of the most common types of construction accident injuries in New York and how a construction injury lawyer can assist individuals who have been injured while on a job site.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Construction workers can suffer severe brain injuries after falls, being struck by falling objects or tools, electrocution, and other construction accidents.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Serious spinal cord damage can be caused by a fall from heights, excessive manual labor or being struck by heavy objects. These injuries can cause paralysis and require extensive medical treatment.
- Burns: Electric shock or exposure to hazardous materials on site may result in burns that require ongoing medical care for recovery as well as potential disfigurement and scarring.
- Fractures & Broken Bones: Falls from height are one of the most common causes of broken bones at construction sites, but workers may also experience fractures due to lifting heavy equipment or working in confined spaces that make it difficult to move away from hazards such as falling debris or sharp edges on tools and machinery.
- Amputations & Loss of Limbs: When there is an accident involving moving machinery without proper safeguards, limbs can become trapped without warning. The resulting amputations can leave victims permanently disabled and facing considerable rehabilitation expenses going forward.
- Internal Organ Damage: A worker's internal organs may be damaged if they are struck by falling objects, equipment or tools. These injuries often require surgery and may also lead to long-term complications.
How an Experienced Construction Accident Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in a construction accident, it is important that you contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible so they can start working on your case. Construction accidents can be devastating and life-changing for construction workers, so it is important that individuals who have been injured while on a job site seek the help of an experienced construction injury lawyer. Construction accident lawyers are knowledgeable in New York state laws and regulations related to workplace safety. They understand how to best represent their clients’ interests in order to get them the compensation they deserve. Not only do these attorneys fight for fair compensation from employers or insurance companies, but they also provide emotional support throughout the process.
Some of the services experienced construction accident lawyers in New York can give you include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating the accident to determine all responsible parties
- Gathering evidence, witness statements, and medical records related to the accident
- Determining fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, disfigurement/scarring, pain and suffering and other damages sustained in the accident
- Negotiating with employers or insurance companies for a settlement that meets your needs
- Filing claims against employers in court if necessary
- Assisting with filing forms with workers’ compensation boards
- Handling appeals of denied workers’ compensation claims
- Representing you at depositions or hearings related to your case
- Advocating aggressively on your behalf throughout the process
- Supporting you emotionally as well as legally through this difficult experience
Types of Cases We Take On
At Restivo & Murphy LLP, we handle personal injury litigation for injured construction workers throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City, as well as Long Island, Nassau County, and Suffolk County. Our law firm has more than 60 years of combined experience, and we focus on providing sound counsel and aggressive litigation services for our clients to help them maximize the compensation available.
We regularly represent individuals who have been injured in:
- Faulty equipment accidents: Malfunctioning tools and poorly maintained equipment are common causes of serious construction site injuries.
- Welding accidents: Burn injuries, broken bones, injuries caused by exposure, and crush injuries are common injuries for welders.
- Electrical injuries: Electricians, plumbers, construction workers, and others are prone to serious electrical injuries and death by electrocution on construction sites.
- Roof collapses: Our lawyers have experience obtaining compensation for clients and their families involving roof collapse injuries and wrongful death claims.
- Unsafe workplace accidents: A significant percentage of workplace accidents are caused by a failure to maintain clean and safe workspaces.
- Construction vehicle accidents: Trucks, diggers, cranes, and other construction vehicles are common causes of serious injuries.
Scaffolding Law - New York Labor Law 240
One of the most difficult aspects of a construction accident claim is the complicated legal aspects involved. New York has a particularly complex legal landscape for construction accident injury cases. At Restivo & Murphy LLP, our construction accident attorneys have a wealth of experience handling cases involving New York Labor Law 240 for clients who have been injured on the job. Known as the “Scaffolding Law,” these statutes were designed to protect workers from falls and injuries from falling objects.
Call our law firm immediately if either of the following applies to your case:
- You fell from an elevated worksite, such as a ladder or scaffold, because you were not provided with the proper safety gear or the equipment malfunctioned
- You were injured by debris or equipment that fell from an elevated worksite
Unfortunately, Labor Law 240 does not provide automatic compensation for those who have been injured in the above-mentioned ways. However, when our legal team can incorporate this statute into a compensation recovery strategy, it often results in a high settlement.
Contact Restivo & Murphy LLP in Garden City
Do not wait to talk with our New York City construction accident attorneys. The sooner we get involved, the more we can do for you. We offer free initial consultations and take claims on contingency, so you will not pay any attorney fees until we win your case.
The best of the best at this firm!- Kristie M.
You guys are a great team and the best firm out there- Guirlaine J.
Thank You!- Michael B.
Highly recommend this law firm!- Phil W.
Todd and his team gave me my life back- Farah M.
$8,000,000 Fractured Pelvic & Urethral Injuries
We've recovered a settlement for a 32-year-old bicyclist who was struck by a bus causing pelvic fractures and urethral injuries which required surgery.
$7,850,000 Neck, Back & Shoulder Injuries
We've recovered a settlement for a woman who slipped and fell on snow and ice injuring her neck, back, and shoulder which required multiple surgeries.
$6,300,000 Fractured Foot & Amputation
The verdict for a 47-year-old whose left foot was run over by a bus causing numerous foot fractures and the amputation of his big toe. The offer before trial was $1,050,000.
$4,250,000 Spinal Cord & Neck Injury
We've recovered a settlement for a passenger involved in a motor vehicle accident with a tractor-trailer where the client sustained a spinal cord injury that required a neck surgery.
$4,025,000 Herniated Discs & Neck Surgery
Resolution at the conclusion of trial for a 43-year-old who suffered herniated discs requiring neck surgery when his vehicle was struck by a school bus. The offer before trial was $75,000.
$3,700,000 Spinal Injuries
We've recovered a settlement after a verdict in a liability trial for a 33-year-old construction worker who suffered spinal injuries in a work-related accident. The offer before the liability trial was $500,000.
$3,436,000 Neck Injuries
A verdict for a 46-year-old man whose neck was injured by a falling traffic sign struck by a motor vehicle. The offer before trial was $325,000.
$2,850,000 Brachial Plexus Injury
We've recovered a settlement in a motor vehicle accident case where the client sustained a brachial plexus injury with surgeries.
$2,500,000 Serious Injuries
We've recovered a settlement after a verdict on liability in a motor vehicle accident case involving two clients who were passengers in an ambulette.
$2,000,000 Neck Injuries
We've recovered a settlement for a 46-year-old woman whose prior neck condition was aggravated by a motor vehicle accident.