Mr. Restivo is an experienced trial attorney who has tried more than one hundred cases on behalf of accident victims. He has secured tens of millions of dollars in recoveries on behalf of his clients, including one of the highest amounts sustained in New York State for pain and suffering for a single herniated disc with surgery. His hard work and attention to detail have led to numerous jury verdicts which were multiple times the amounts offered by the defendants prior to trial, a few of which include:
- $3,446,000 jury verdict for a single herniated disc with surgical fusion where the offer prior to trial was $325,000.
- $1,700,000 jury verdict for a torn meniscus with arthroscopic surgery and non-surgical disc where the offer prior to trial was $50,000.
- $988,000 jury verdict for an arthroscopic knee surgery, sprained thumb, and exacerbation of prior back injuries where the offer before trial was $200,000.
- $1,090,000 jury verdict for a spinal surgery where the offer before trial was $75,000.
Mr. Restivo has been selected by Super Lawyers as being among the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the country. Mr. Restivo has also been recognized multiple times by New Yorker Magazine for achieving among the highest verdicts in New York State.
In addition to his trial experience, Mr. Restivo is an accomplished legal writer and has written dozens of appellate briefs on a variety of issues during his legal career.
Mr. Restivo earned a JD at Touro Law Center (class of ’97) and a BA in English Literature from the State University of New York at Oswego (class of ‘91). He is admitted to practice in New York State, U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, and U.S. District Court Southern District of New York. He is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- State University of New York, Oswego
- Major: English Literature
Honors and Awards
- Selected by Super Lawyers as being among the top 5% of practicing attorneys
- Recognized multiple times by New Yorker Magazine for achieving among the highest verdicts in New York State
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member